I would like to take a minute of your time to introduce myself. My name is Dan Duffy and since 2009 I have served as an Illinois State Senator for the 26th District.
I grew up on the South Side of Chicago, the youngest of eleven children. I attended Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois, and moved to the northwest suburbs after graduation. It was here that I started my first business – a computer consulting company – and have been a small-business owner for over 20 years.
Illinois is facing some serious financial challenges. Our state has the highest pension debt and the lowest credit rating in America. Our state's legislative leaders, led by Speaker Michael Madigan, refuse to address the disastrous policies that are bankrupting our state. Due to their inaction, our unfunded pension liability is growing by millions of dollars every single day. It is time for us to abandon the status-quo and embrace real, long-term reforms.
- Married to Kris Duffy for 25 years
- Father of five children
- Youngest of 11 kids raised on the South Side of Chicago
- Resident, Lake Barrington
- Parishioner, St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church
- Graduated with a BA from Augustana College, and a MA from The George Washington University.
- Member, Augustana College’s three-time National Championship Football Team
- Small-business owner for over 20 years
- State Senator since 2009
- Appropriations I
- Commerce and Economic Development
- Public Health (Minority Spokesperson)
- Committee on Pension Investment
- Subcommittee on Special Issues